For a long time now Disc Brakes have been tried and tested in the aviation and automotive industry, and increasing awareness of operational safety and ever stricter rules on accident prevention have made them indispensable. After all, wherever there is acceleration, there must also be braking. A reliable and economic solution to these problems are RINGSPANN Disc Brakes.
RINGSPANN Disc Brakes require minimal installation space. Brake Calipers or Brake Saddles may be arranged in any position on brake discs of varying diameters. By using several Brake Calipers on the same disc it is possible to increase the braking torque without the need to enlarge the installation space.
The universal concept of the RINGSPANN Disc Brake fulfils various functions:
- Stopping brake
- Control brake
- Holding brake
As a stopping brake, it brings a rotating shaft to a standstill in a short time, for example during a power failure or an emergency stop.
As a control brake, it effectively maintains material tension.
As a holding brake, it prevents the unintended start of a stationary shaft.
The following features make the RINGSPANN Disc Brakes unique:
- The well thought-out design of RINGSPANN Disc Brakes permits a simple and space- saving arrangement, even in existing installations.
- Due to the even friction surfaces the RINGSPANN Disc Brakes are not subject to any automatic amplification effect which is always a problem with drum brakes. Therefore, disc brakes guarantee high torque stability even when friction variations occur.
- The open design of the RINGSPANN Disc Brakes with their excellent ventilation characteristics provides ideal heat dissipation; this is a precondition for high braking power with a compact design.
- The considerably lower inertia moment compared with that of drum brakes permits economical dimensioning, shortened cycle times and reduced energy consumption.
- Highly wear-resistant friction material and large braking surfaces ensure long intervals between maintenance. The practical and robust design of RINGSPANN Disc Brakes makes that maintenance easy and uncomplicated. The friction pads are easily re placed without the need to remove the brake.
- RINGSPANN Disc Brakes are fitted with swivel mounted friction blocks; this ensures that the friction blocks are always in full face contact with the brake disc. When the brake is released, the friction blocks are lifted safely off the disc by a spring, irrespective of the installation arrangement.